Acorn Health is looking for full time Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) to join our team of ABA treatment providers serving Newport News, VA! Come join a company focused on helping children with Autism live their most meaningful and functionally independent lives.
At Acorn Health we are driving autism therapy forward.
As a Registered Behavior Technician you will focus on delivering high quality, intensive, ABA interventions to our clients in partnership with the Behavior Analysts who develop each client’s treatment plan.
- Work closely with the supervising BCBA and other team members to deliver direct treatment to clients, as prescribed in the behavior treatment plan to increase skills, decrease problem behaviors and strengthen the behavioral supports in place.
- Train parents and caregivers in ABA intervention as directed by the BCBA.
- Objectively monitor of progress through data collection and document client records, to exceed agency standards and to enable the best possible treatment decisions.
- Communicate regularly with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans.
- Provide services to clients in home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary [during COVID-19 we continue to provide services in-person and have safety procedures in place].
- Schedule may include driving between clients and some irregular hours.
- Career development opportunities, including BACB supervision hours.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
- And more!
You are the perfect fit for this position if you:
- Hold certification as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) from the BACB [required]
- Have experience working with children, adolescents or young adults
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation [required]
- Enjoy working on an interdisciplinary team and collaborating with others
- Are detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have Passion for helping others
- Must be able to pass a background check
Join our team today!
Your positive impact on our clients and their families will be significant, and you will expand your knowledge and expertise ready to take on additional challenges and further grow your career.