Are you passionate about working with children on the autism spectrum? Do you thrive in an environment that encourages professional growth? Are you willing to be goofy and have fun while implementing evidence-based treatment? Do you feel accomplished when given the chance to make a difference in a child’s life?
Acorn Health is looking for full time Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) to join our team of ABA treatment providers serving the Chesapeake area! Come join a company focused on helping children with Autism live their most meaningful and functionally independent lives.
At Acorn Health we are driving autism therapy forward.
As an RBT you will work directly with clients delivering high quality, intensive, ABA interventions under supervision of the Behavior Analysts (BCBA) who develop each client’s treatment plan. While each of our centers is unique, we share important core values. We focus on high quality, ethical, individualized treatment. We believe in authenticity and create a place where everyone can show up as their true selves. Teamwork is of the essence and we all commit to working closely together to support each other and the clients we serve. We encourage professional growth and offer career development opportunities to all of our staff.
- Deliver 1:1 direct ABA treatment to clients to increase skills, decrease problem behaviors and strengthen the behavioral supports in place
- Work closely with the supervising BCBA and other team members to ensure high quality service delivery
- Support parent and caregiver training as directed by the BCBA
- Collect data and document client records to monitor progress and to enable the best possible treatment decisions
- Communicate regularly with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans
- Provide services to clients in home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary [during COVID-19 we continue to provide services in-person and have safety procedures in place]
- Schedule may include driving between clients
- Certification as Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) preferred
- At least 1-2 years experience working with children preferred
- At least 1 year experience with ABA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or related field preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Should enjoy working on an interdisciplinary team and collaborating with others
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for helping others
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Other supplemental insurance options, such as life insurance
- Paid initial & continued RBT Training
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Supportive supervisors & mentors
- BACB fieldwork supervision at no cost to those pursuing coursework in ABA
- Tuition discounts from our University partners
- Opportunities for career advancement
All benefits available to full-time staff. Some benefits also available to part-time staff
Apply to join our team today!
Your positive impact on our clients and their families will be significant, and you will expand your knowledge and expertise ready to take on additional challenges and grow your career.