Why You’ll Love This Job
Would you enjoy working for a company that places high trust in its employees and where you would often have the freedom to work independently? If so, consider this entry level Behavior Technician opening with Acorn Health of Michigan in Otsego, MI, a company that knows its employees are its most valuable asset.
In this Behavior Technician role, you will join an elite team of people, all hand-picked for their outstanding qualities, who will challenge and support you every step of the way. Work in an autonomous environment with the security of knowing we are always behind you, ready to provide assistance and guidance. You will have career advancement opportunities, made possible through our ongoing dedication to your success, and via the continuing educational and professional development programs we offer our employees. You will always find something new and different to be excited about as you travel to various locations each day to meet with clients in a variety of settings, bringing them hope and offering encouragement to their appreciative families. Collaborate with knowledgeable team members who will greatly appreciate and respect your input, and will help you set your plans in motion.
Acorn Health of Michigan, Michigan’s premier provider of intensive, evidence-based ABA services, is proud of its welcoming culture and you will recognize that the second you step foot in the door. Apply for this top-shelf Behavior Technician opening today to get started on your bright future!
Behavior Technician Responsibilities
- Provide direct treatment to Acorn Health of Michigan clients, as prescribed in the behavior treatment plan to include intensive interaction with clients and their families, to strengthen the behavioral supports in place for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Complete required training/testing for obtaining Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
- Work closely with the supervising BCBA to deliver the treatment plan, as defined
- Train parents and caregivers in ABA intervention as directed by the BCBA
- Objective monitoring of progress and documentation of client records, to exceed agency standards and to enable the best possible treatment decisions
- Regular communication with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans
- Travel to clients at their home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary, which may include work at irregular hours
- Evening availability required
Behavior Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma required; a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education or Behavior Analysis is preferred but not required
- A history of working with children, adolescents, young adults, and/or families; specific training/experience in developmental disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders is preferred but not required
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position, to include lifting of clients, packages, or equipment, and accessing non-barrier free premises
- Should enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team approach to develop and implement client treatment plans
- Strong communication and organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to maintain records, prepare reports and develop timely correspondence
- No criminal record and able to pass DSS 1326 clearance
Vaccination for Covid-19 is a requirement of this position. You will be required to submit proof of vaccination status to the Human Resource department. If unable to submit proof of vaccination status, you will need to have an accommodation on file that has been approved through our Human Resource department for a reason permitted by law.