Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for helping others? Would you enjoy influencing a child in a way that will resonate through their family and your community? Join the Acorn Health team in this Behavior Technician job in our Virginia Beach, VA, location!
In this position you will engage in truly meaningful work every day. “Fulfilled” is the most common word Behavior Technicians use to describe their job, and for good reason!
Acorn Health works alongside individuals with special needs, typically between 3 and 13 years of age, in 1 to 1 therapy to help our clients lead more independent and meaningful lives. In this position, you will be part of a treatment team that is critical in achieving this impact.
At Acorn you will find competitive compensation and flexible work schedules along with these other perks:
- Paid RBT training
- RBT exam fee reimbursement upon passing grade
- Paid parental leave
- CPR training course coordinated for your convenience
- Development Series Sessions for all Employees conducted by our executive team
- iPads for BTs and RBTs that work 20+ hours
- PTO for Full Time employees
- Benefits (Health, vision, dental) for Full-Time and Part-Time Eligible employees
- Paid Holidays for Full Time and Part Time Eligible employees
- Accounts with Dario by WayForward, an employee assistance program
Use your compassionate nature to build a career you are excited about and apply for this top-shelf Behavior Technician job today!
Behavior Technician Responsibilities
- Be fun! This is not old Mr. Watson’s boring history class. We run around. We get loud. We laugh, a lot. Your job from day 1 is making our client see you as the best choice to interact with.
- Get creative! We take a different perspective on how to get things done. From one day to the next, this job is not the same. You get to find new ways to interest your client in programming and teach them new skills through play.
- Have an open mind! Your clients and our methods will have you thinking about things in new ways. Allow for that space. The training you receive and the experience you gain will stay with you forever and you will be better for it.
- Mind your p’s and q’s! While it is true that we have an absolute blast and our days are filled with silliness, we do real work. That involves taking detailed, accurate and objective data on our clients’ behavior. You will be trained on behavioral interventions that are proven and research-based, and we need those plans to be implemented with integrity. We also need your help maintaining our client’s privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
Behavior Technician Qualifications
Preferred / Learned Skills
- You must have reliable transportation
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be able to submit HS Diploma or GED upon request
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- You must meet the physical requirements of the position, to include lifting of clients, packages, or equipment up to 50lbs, accessing non-barrier free premises, and using physical management techniques when required
- Ability to act with integrity, respectability, and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work unassisted and with a team
- Ability to learn and adapt with and for our clients