Why You'll Love This Job!
Are you looking to establish yourself with a rapid-growth oriented company where you can build a successful career from the ground up? Would you enjoy breaking free of the confines of being at the same office each day? If you are ready to embark on a fun and rewarding journey, WeTherapy and Acorn Health Company, Behavior Technician starter position is perfect for you.
As a Behavior Technician, you open the door to a world of possibilities for your future as you work side-by-side with admired experts, honing your skills through first-hand experience and continuing education programs. And, as you grow with us, your input in making important decisions that bring about positive changes within the communities you serve will increase as well. Work in an autonomous environment with the security of knowing we are always behind you, ready to provide assistance and guidance. Your life-changing work with clients all across the autism spectrum will place you in a variety of diverse settings, so you will always feel challenged and never be bored.
You also will have the unique chance to participate in legislative processes as your leadership team works diligently to change the outlook for Autism care and advocate for necessary changes. Your positive impact on children all along the autism spectrum and their families will be significant, and you will emerge a more knowledgeable person for your experiences, ready to take on additional challenges and further grow your career.
Say yes to this exceptional Behavior Technician role today to join WeTherapy, a top-rated and respected company where collaboration and creativity combine to create the perfect work environment. In addition, we will assist you in acquiring your certification to become an RBT so that you can grow and advance your career with us.
The Behavior Technician opening will not last long. Apply today!
Behavior Technician Responsibilities
- Provide direct treatment to Navigation clients, as prescribed in the behavior treatment plan to include intensive interaction with clients and their families, to strengthen the behavioral supports in place for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Complete required training/testing for obtaining Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
- Work closely with the supervising BCBA to deliver the treatment plan, as defined
- Train parents and caregivers in ABA intervention as directed by the BCBA
- Objective monitoring of progress and documentation of client records, to exceed agency standards and to enable the best possible treatment decisions
- Regular communication with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans
- Travel to clients at their home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary, which may include work at irregular hours
Behavior Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma required; a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education or Behavior Analysis is preferred but not required
- Paid Training and Professional Development allowance
- A history of work with children, adolescents, young adults, and/or families; specific training/experience in developmental disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders is preferred but not required
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position, to include lifting of clients, packages, or equipment, and accessing non-barrier free premises
- Should enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team approach to develop and implement client treatment plans
- Strong communication and organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to maintain records, prepare reports and develop timely correspondence
- Excellent communicator/record keeper