Why You'll Love This Job
Acorn Health is looking for individuals who have a passion for helping children with special needs. In this entry level Behavior Technician role in Charlottesville, VA, the impact you make on a child will resonate throughout families and the community. Now urgently hiring for Full-Time and Part-Time hours!
At Acorn you will join an elite team that shares your commitment to improving the lives of children with Autism. Through collaboration and learning you will grow your ABA career and advance within our organization. You will be inspired by leadership that plays a key role in Autism Advocacy.
At Acorn you will find competitive compensation and flexible work schedules along with these other perks:
- Paid RBT training
- RBT exam fee reimbursement upon passing grade
- CPR training course coordinated for your convenience
- Development Series Sessions for all Employees conducted by our executive team
- iPads for BTs and RBTs that work 20+ hours
- PTO for Benefits eligible employees
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for Benefits-eligible employees
Acorn Health of Virginia is proud of its welcoming culture and you will recognize that the second you step foot in the door. Apply for this top-shelf Behavior Technician opening today to get started on your bright future!
Behavior Technician Responsibilities
- Provide direct treatment to clients, as prescribed in the behavior treatment plan to include intensive interaction with clients and their families, to strengthen the behavioral supports in place for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Complete required training/testing for obtaining Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
- Work closely with the supervising BCBA to deliver the treatment plan, as defined
- Train parents and caregivers in ABA intervention as directed by the BCBA
- Objective monitoring of progress and documentation of client records, to exceed agency standards and to enable the best possible treatment decisions
- Regular communication with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans
- Travel to clients at their home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary, which may include work at irregular hours
- Evening availability required
Behavior Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma required; a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education or Behavior Analysis is preferred but not required
- A history of working with children, adolescents, young adults, and/or families; specific training/experience in developmental disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders is preferred but not required
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position, to include lifting of clients, packages, or equipment, and accessing non-barrier free premises
- Should enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team approach to develop and implement client treatment plans
- Strong communication and organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to maintain records, prepare reports and develop timely correspondence
- No criminal record and able to pass DSS 1326 clearance
Vaccination for Covid-19 is a requirement of this position. You will be required to submit proof of vaccination status to the Human Resource department. If unable to submit proof of vaccination status, you will need to have an accommodation on file that has been approved through our Human Resource department for a reason permitted by law.