Acorn Health, a standard-setting family of ABA treatment providers, is looking for Behavior Technicians to join our Ashburn Office to provide services to our clients in the Herndon, VA area! Come join a company focused on helping children with Autism live their most meaningful and functionally independent lives.
At Acorn Health we are driving autism therapy forward.
As a Behavior Technician you will focus on delivering high quality, intensive, ABA interventions to our clients and work in partnership with the Behavior Analysts who develop each client’s treatment plan.
While each of our centers is unique, we have share important core values:
- AUTHENTICITY: We create a place where everyone can show up as their true selves.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We keep our promises and can be trusted with the life and future of a child.
- TEAMWORK: The best outcomes are produced by people who collaborate with enthusiasm.
- GROWTH: We know the needs of children and their families are unique and ever-changing.
- HUSTLE: In autism care and treatment, time is always of the essence. We do things now.
We offer career development opportunities for those who show up and work hard, including BACB supervision hours. Our salaries are competitive, and our full-time staff are eligible for benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, medical and dental and many other insurance options to meet your own and your family's needs.
- Work closely with the supervising BCBA and other team members to deliver direct treatment to clients, as prescribed in the behavior treatment plan to increase skills, decrease problem behaviors and strengthen the behavioral supports in place.
- Train parents and caregivers in ABA intervention as directed by the BCBA.
- Objectively monitor of progress through data collection and document client records, to exceed agency standards and to enable the best possible treatment decisions.
- Communicate regularly with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans.
- Provide services to clients in home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary [during COVID-19 we continue to provide services in-person and have safety procedures in place].
- Schedule may include driving between clients and some irregular hours.
You are the perfect fit for this position if you have:
- Experience working with children, adolescents or young adults
- Minimum of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Certification as Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is a plus, but if you are not an RBT, we will provide the training and help you become certified.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Should enjoy working on an interdisciplinary team and collaborating with others
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for helping others
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Join our team today! Your positive impact on our clients and their families will be significant, and you will expand your knowledge and expertise ready to take on additional challenges and further grow your career.